Smart Plug - 32amp 230V with Grey Inlet
The SmartPlug is a revolutionary shore power system designed to replace the outdated and problematic twist-type design in use today. It’s intuitive to use and provides greater protection against loose connections and corrosion – the leading causes of shore power failure and fires.
The SmartPlug Combo Kit includes both a 16A, 32A, 30A, and 50A inlet connector and a retro-fit connector. The retro-fit connector is designed to be used with your existing cord.
The 230V Combo Kit, inlet and connector offers superior performance and ease of use.
- Eliminates Overheating - Increased pin & clip surface area greatly improves electrical conductivity during high amperage demand.
- Ease of Use - No twist required, the unique plug body shape and push-in design means it only goes in the right way every time - even in the dark!
- Multi-Point Locking System - Side clips lock the plug securely into the inlet which eliminates any stress on the pins from movement of the power cord.
- Weatherproof Seals - Multi-fin silicone gaskets installed in the inlet cover and interior of the plug body eliminates moisture penetration.
- Quick & Easy Installation - Inlet mounting flange holes match twist-type holes for an installation that is typically finished in 30 minutes.
PUSH STRAIGHT-IN SLEEVED DESIGN
One of the primary causes of electrical arcing in twist-type designs is the fact that the electrical pins bear any weight or tension in the cord, and eventually work themselves loose. The SmartPlug’s sleeve design means that the body of the plug bears that weight or tension, rather than the electrical pins, keeping those points of electrical contact secure.
Water intrusion leads to corrosion, and corrosion leads to electrical arcing and overheating. SmartPlug’s three weatherproof seals eliminate the possibility of water and moisture intrusion, ensuring a safe and dry connection.
MULTI-POINT LOCKING SYSTEM
SmartPlugs employ two locking side levers as well as two points of contact on the locking cap to ensure a rock solid connection. When not in use, the cap can be closed to form a weatherproof seal on the inlet.
EASE OF USE
Simply push the plug straight in until the side levers ‘click’ and then snap the locking cap down on top to finish the job. Additionally, the unique shape of the plug ensures a straight-in connection that can only be plugged in one way. No more finding the offset pin in the dark and no twisting required!
Simply remove the legacy twist-type round inlet from your boat, connect the wiring to the SmartPlug inlet and reinstall using the same screw hole footprint. On the plug end, you simply cut off your old plug end and attach wires to the new SmartPlug.
QUALITY OF MATERIALS
SmartPlug Systems uses only the finest materials available in construction of it’s products. All external metals are Marine-Grade 316 Stainless Steel, the electrical pins are nickel-plated brass for maximum conductivity, and plastics are UV and heat resistant Valox 553U resins made in the USA.